5 Home Exterior Upgrade Ideas
If you’re interested in breathing new life into your home, updating the exterior is an excellent place to start. Enhancing the curb appeal of your property not only makes your home more inviting but can also contribute to increasing its value. This home exterior guide lays out five simple ways to make the outside of your house look better than ever.
1. CLEAN OR REPLACE THE SIDINGAfter years of exposure to the elements, the siding on your home may begin to turn a murky color. You can easily restore the natural color of your siding by pressure washing the exterior at least once every two years. If your siding has started to crack or show signs of aging, it may be time to replace it altogether, and this is a good opportunity to explore various new siding options to compliment your home’s exterior.
2. CHANGE THE LANDSCAPINGA well-kept lawn and a few plants can do wonders for a home’s curb appeal. Add some garden beds around your home’s exterior or hang some potted plants from the front porch. If you live in a warmer, drier climate, consider transitioning to xeriscaping with drought-tolerant plants, rocks, and mulch. You can also think about installing artificial grass to keep your property looking beautiful all year long.
3. UPGRADE EXTERIOR DOORSSomething as simple as buying a new door can drastically enhance the appeal of your home’s facade. Find a door with glass paneling to introduce more natural lighting to your home’s entryway and consider purchasing a new screen door to match. To make your new front door stand out, install decorative straps or iron clavos that match the aesthetics of your door’s hardware.
4. ADD A NEW COAT OF PAINTAnother easy and affordable home exterior upgrade anyone can do is to add a fresh coat of paint. Consider painting trim pieces like eaves, molding, or window panes a different color from your siding to create more contrast. Aside from painting the home itself, you may want to add a fresh coat to other structures on your property like the utility shed, fence, or mailbox.
5. ADJUST THE LIGHTINGAdd some exterior lighting above exterior doors or underneath awnings to add warmth and depth to your home. Illuminate pathways with solar lights or install accent lighting in garden beds as well. Improving the lighting of your home’s exterior not only adds to curb appeal but also works to create a safer, more secure environment for loved ones.
A few minor upgrades can completely change the way a home looks and feels. If you’re looking for a new exterior door that makes an impression, DoorVida has everything you need. Email us today to set up your showroom appointment to discuss exterior door options: email@example.com.
Comments are closed.