Considering installing a barn door? Not only are barn doors an unexpected design element, but they can also serve multiple functional purposes, especially when every square foot counts!
Here are 5 perks of barn doors worth mentioning:
1) No door swing - sliding doors save space because they don't need the floor area where the doors swings from open to close.
2) Space dividers - large sliding doors can actually act as room dividers, that can transform the function or feel of a room in one easy step.
3) Art piece - sliding doors often act as functional art.
4) Opportunities for creative reuse - old doors or lumber can be reused in a new way, saving resources and money.
5) Not just for doorways - sliding doors are also great solutions for pantries, shelving units and media centers.